End DuckDuckGo Passcode Requiment from links in Apple Email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lee Lewis

Z.
Somehow I set a password so that every time I click on a link in Apple Mail, I must enter my iPhone passcode first before being taken to the desired page. DDG (7.64.16) is my default search engine.

Can Not find the setting to turn it off. Multiple, multiple searches to resolve this have turned up nothing. This is not a problem on my Mac.

Cannot determine, either, how to uninstall DDG, either through the App Store--which only shows 'Open' (not 'Install'), clicking DDG in iPhone Settings, or from deleting it's alias on desktop

Note: If I change my default browser to another browser, such as Firefox, then it doesn't ask for the passcode, but assuming DDG is the most private alternative to Firefox, Safari, or Opera 3.2.3, it's DDG that I want to set as the default.

iPhone 7
iOS 14.8
DDG

Please help.
Thanks, Lee

Couriant

James
In Settings uncheck the Application Lock.

1637594894244.jpeg

to delete an app, simply tap and hold on the icon for about 3 seconds and you should see the menu

1637595055626.jpeg

Last edited:

Couriant

James
Perhaps you have an earlier version if DDG because I downloaded the app just to check the settings.
I would then suggest emailing them the issue here and see if they have any answers.

mailto:open@duckduckgo.com

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts