1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

end of rope

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thoth87, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thoth87

thoth87 Thread Starter

I cannot install any apps. every time I try my computer says that some of the files aren't digitally signed and It will not copy them, so the program willl not work. I get this with games, and even direct x. i do not know what to do? I thought it was a virus so I formatted wrote zeroes to the hard drive, and I even ran a pre windows scan. None of it found anything. I reinstalled windows and was haveing the same problem, so I formatted and then removed the on board battery, got windows xp all setup, and I was still having the problem. So I even tried instaling windows 2000 pro. Still no luck. Nothing will install corectly and I am at the end of my knowledge.

I have a soyo mb
    amd 2600+
    256mb ram
    Ge forece 5500oc video card
    and a wireless ethernet card.
    windows xp pro (also tried home)

i would appreciate anything I could get.

THank you for your time.

[email protected]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!