1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"End Tasking" for Video Capture/Editing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by John Denow, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Denow

John Denow Thread Starter

Hello again...

I have recently upgraded from a 1.6 P-4 Processor/256 SDRAM to a 2.6 P-4/512 DDRAM...

Running Windows XP Home and an ATI All-In Wonder video card.

I upgraded in hopes up speeding up my rendering time to burn VHS tapes to DVD.

The last 2 DVD's I burned look like I'm getting some dropped frames (strobe light effect).

What processes should I leave running and which should I end task out of before starting up my capturing/burning software? I know in Win-98, most said to have only Explorer and System running, then start up the DVD software. With XP, it looks like I have quite a few more processes running and wanted to see if a program running in the back ground was effecting my DVD quality.

I have recorded TV shows on this system without lost frames, and both TV and VHS tapes on the "old" system with no problems. I can't find any adjustments in my Sonic DVD program to tweek besides "good", "Better", "Best" (current setting). Everything looks fine during the capture on the preview screen, but the finished DVD makes my stomach flip-flop.

Any help or suggestions you can provided to troubleshoot (or solve) the "jerkyness" of the DVD would be appreciated.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice