1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Endless boot screens

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by peachcelia, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peachcelia

peachcelia Thread Starter

Ok.....when I boot up, I have to go thru 5 screens before I get to the welcome screen....

1: NEC....this has the bios access options on it

2:CASE OPEN....a serviceman added some memory...it seems that my computer has taken exception to being exposed to some fresh air...lol

3:SELECT THE OPERATING SYSTEM....this one has just appeared...????

4:NEC...again!.....no apparent use, just cosmetic...

5:MICROSOFT....the usual

FINALLY, we get to the welcome screen!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

The bios options are obviously neccessary...I can also live with the Microsoft branding, to avoid them having a tantrum....
    BUT...do I need the others?....& if not how do I get rid of them?

Please keep it very simple...I,m the ultimate computer dummy!

2. Dan O

Dan O

You should only see the BIOS menu when you depress F2 when booting. So you need to check your BIOS settings and disable it showing twice when booting. Make sure the case is closed properly to stop the next issue. To stop the operating system question you need to clean up the BOOT.INI file and remove extra items. For details how see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice