1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Endless booting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hcastro, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hcastro

hcastro Thread Starter

acer netbook, xp, 1.00 gb ram, can't boot from Anything ( Safe mode, Last config., Normal, Safe with networking, Safe with Prompt ) What Can I do ?
    Would somebody please help me?
    When I pressed Alt+F10 this message apeared " File: \minint\System32\KDCOM.DLL could not not be loaded. The error code is 4"

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hiya hcastro.

That sounds like a hardware failure of some sort, very possibly the hard drive. Check to see if the drive is fitted snugly onto the pins by taking it out and reseating it and while you`re there, pop the RAM out and reseat that too for good measure. If you`ve got the chance, slave the drive to a known good computer or perhaps take it to your local computer shop and I`d hope they`ll be more than happy to check it for you.

Regards
    Jenny

3. hcastro

hcastro Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention that all this happen after I installed Avast antivirus and did a boot check wich found a bunch of viruses and I deleted all of them

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice