1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Endless Reboot cycle after uninstalling drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rishubhav, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rishubhav

rishubhav Thread Starter

Recently my video card died, and so my system went kaput. Originally I had thought it might be a driver problem so I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers from my system - including by accident my motherboard chipset drivers (I have an Asus A8N-SLI).

Now when I try to boot with a new video card swapped in I get an endless reboot cycle. I disabled automatic rebooting and I got a blue screen with STOP 0x0000007B. I do have a clean installation of windows on another partition that I keep around for troubleshooting, and that works fine.

Is there any way to save my current installation short of a complete reinstall?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    can you boot into safe mode ?
    tap F8 as it boots

on the stop screen is there a filename

if you get into safe mode - you maybe able to re-install thedrivers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice