Endless reboots after 1 second.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tagliarino

Hi,

Please excuse any spelling errors...I hate using this laptop im on lol.

Ill explain what I did prior to the pc breaking.

I was using my PC for normal activities, internet, music etc.
My friend suggested I install Baldurs Gate 2 so we can play it Co Op.

So I do. Blah blah. Get to creating a game, it wouldnt, instead it decided to crash...damn old games. It then wouldnt loads up...so...
I downloaded the patch for the game, I cant remember what version. Then I decided to reboot.

I pressed restart and left the machine to get a drink. I came back and my PC was on, the screen was black with the amber light on. It turns from green to amber when power saving kicks in when the pc has been inactive. So thats what I thought it was...wiggled the mouse...nothing....pressed the keyboard...nothing.

So I held the power button down to turn off the comp.
I wait a few seconds and turn it back on. It starts booting for literally 1 second and then turns off. Then turns itself back on for 1 second...and off...on off on off etc... Repeat forever lol.

I have tried booting with the hard drives and cd rom unplugged just in case - doesnt change a thing.
I'm normally generally good at mending PCs and I usually fix any problems myself...but this has stumped me. I have no idea what could have caused this or how I can fix it. I sure hope one of you has some ideas.

Im running

Vista Home Premium
Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00Ghz
OCZ Reaper 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-8500C5 1066Mhz
Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4 Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 X2 1G PCI-E

Hope thats everything you need. Now all I need is a miracle lol.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online