1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ENE CIR Reciever driver problem on HP laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcrawford777, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcrawford777

jcrawford777 Thread Starter

I have an HP dv6-1245dx Laptop that recently had problems in connecting with my printer. Originally had Vista Home Premium when it had the problem and since did a clean install of Win7 Home Premium. It still has the problem. In the device manager under Human Interface the ENE CIR Receiver has a yellow Yield sign by it. I deleted the driver and the software, restarted the laptop and re-downloaded the software and it still has the same problem. If I click resources tab it shows an x'd out circle by the I/O Range (I/O Range 0380-0383 Input/Output Range 0380-0383 used by motherboard. What concerns me is it's x'd out.
    anyway, still can not connect with printer, any ideas?

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Human Interface Devices are a mouse, Keyboard, Touch Pad. Printers should not show up in Device Manager.

3. jcrawford777

jcrawford777 Thread Starter

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the printer problem is separate. When trying to print I get a pop-up saying something dealing with "cannot print due to a DNS problem". This is actually a friends laptop, I'm just trying to help her out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice