1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

English to Spanish conversion

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by scs-04, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scs-04

scs-04 Thread Starter

I have a client that does a lot of business with customers in Mexico. I am looking for some software that will help them convert all of thier business communications, mostly Outlook emails, from english to spanish before they send them out. Is there any software that will allow you to type a message in Outlook and then convert it to Spanish before sending the email out? It would also be nice to be able to take recieved messages in spanish and convert them to Englsh for easier reading. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Personally, I would not trust any type of automated translation program for any kind of business correspondence unless I had a human familiar with both languages proofreading the converted text and comparing it to the original. Something could get lost in translation or have the exact opposite meaning of what was intended. You never know when using a harmless colloquialism or a bit of slang could get translated into something that offends the reader.

3. BarnStorm

BarnStorm

Agree with CWWOZNIAK. Nuance in language is everything.

However, if used as a "leg up," and then proofed by a human being, these packages can be useful.

This one... http://www.babylon.com/... enjoys popularity in the corporate workplace.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    For some examples of nuances gone horribly wrong in English to Spanish translation, take a look at items number 13, 10, 6, 5, 4, 3 and 2 on this page ...

Top 13 Worst Slogan Translations Ever
    http://moronland.net/moronia/moron/1064/

5. BarnStorm

BarnStorm

Classic!

LOL

6. scs-04

scs-04 Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice guys. The people communicating all know each other fairly well and each knows each others language a little but just wanted something to make it a little easier. I am going to check out the link, thanks.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hire a bilingual person that types fast. :D

8. new tech guy

new tech guy

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/615864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice