1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Enigma SpyHunter software refund

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by kbinternet, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbinternet

kbinternet Thread Starter

Hello

I've been trying for about 4 weeks to get a refund from Enigma software for their SpyHunter product - to no avail. I've tried sending emails to their tech support, sales and general questions and still no replies. Their user agreement does say that refunds are possible within 90 days - I think it says - in special circumstances.

So my reason for writing is two-fold. To see if anyone has any suggestions for getting a refund. Secondly to warn others about this unfortunate experience.

I bought the software naively, as I was getting a slew of ads. Their pop-up said they could fix this but after I bought it I still had a bunch of ads. Subsequently I found this board and learned about Adware, which found an additional 143 files and processes that were suspect.

My system is clean now but it makes me mad that companies can get away with such poor products and service.

Thanks for listening.
    Trina

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Well, one thing to try is get in touch with the bank that you have your credit card through, they usually will help you with refunds of any purchases. Just a phone call is all it may take to get the refund started- has worked for me a couple of times sellers were balking....doing this should credit your account on your next statement.

3. hewee

hewee

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!