1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Enlarging a document into a 4-page poster (using MS Word XP)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Fianna, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fianna

Fianna Thread Starter

This is my first time using the site, and I've kinda got a problem. I've created a Word document with everything I want on it, and now I'd like to enlarge it by about 500x the size, or about 4 pages. I'm pretty good with word, but this seems to be out of my league. Any help? Do I need an additional program, or should basic Word do this, and I'm just looking in all the wrong places?

Thanks, Fianna

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Not happening. Word only goes up to 22" by 22".

Take it to Kinkos...

:)

3. Fianna

Fianna Thread Starter

Okay, how do i enlarge both the document AND the text/pictures/arrangement? So far, my printer thinks i'm putting in a piece of paper that's 22" by 22", instead of printing it onto several pages. The print preview shows that my doc in the upper left hand corner of the 22" x 22", not spread out over it. And it still wants to print it on one piece of paper, not several. I haven't got a 22" x 22" paper, nor a printer that large, either.

(no kinkos near me)
    Thanks, F

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You don't unless you do it separately.
    And what are you going to print to?
    Word doesn't have a facility for printing to multiple pages---well, except vertically.

5. Fianna

Fianna Thread Starter

Printing to an Epson stylus 820. Not sure how i'm going to do this, but perhaps i'll try a different machine and program, a friend's. Thanks for the help.

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I'm willing to take a shot at it for you...but I can't promise anything. And I'd probably end up sending you PDFs or JPGs or something. Nothing editable.
    [email protected]

7. TonyJollans

TonyJollans

Excel will print the way I think you want. With a bit of experimenting you might be able to include your Word document in a worksheet and scale it up and print it across multiple pages from there.

8. Fianna

Fianna Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll try that before I give up. 'Experimenting' is something i can handle.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice