Enter custom parameters like Domain name ,Server name using a bat file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

varunfzr26

Hi ,

I am using Qc_ICR tool where i have to enter the Usename , password , server name , domain name again and again .Can the above be done using a bat file . [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Yup. You can use SET /P which will prompt the user to input a string that will be assigned to the variable:

SET /P variable=[promptString]

This is for Windows 2000/XP and higher. It will not work with Windows NT/Me/98/95. To get the full help for SET, type SET /? in the Command Prompt window.

Ent

Josiah
Trusted Advisor
Yup. You can use SET /P which will prompt the user to input a string that will be assigned to the variable:

SET /P variable=[promptString]

This is for Windows 2000/XP and higher. It will not work with Windows NT/Me/98/95. To get the full help for SET, type SET /? in the Command Prompt window.
The set /P command is used where you want to type information into the batch file for processing, allowing you to manually enter custom parameters into the batch. If you are after a way to launch Qc_ICR with the same user, password, server and domain name every time you wouldn't be using the set /P command, otherwise you might as well type it in normally.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the program in question and have failed to find out anything about it, so I can't answer how you'd do that. If you can give me a link I'll try to do more. You might (especially if it is a command line program) be able to do so simply by launching the program with arguments.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online