1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'Enter Network Password' pop up - removal?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pblackman, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pblackman

pblackman Thread Starter

hi, i'm currently using Office Outlook 2007 and recently i've been getting the 'Enter Network Password' pop up every 5 minutes. My user name and password are there already and i keep checking the 'save this password'. How do i stop the pop up?
    I've googled my problem and followed the details on the following website link ;
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/save_passwords_in_outlook.htm
    but the only problem i have with trying this is that my pc will not let me put a check in
    'Replace Permission Entries on all Child Objects with Entries Shown Here that Apply to Child Objects' box. any ideas why its not letting me? any other ways around this? any help obviously gratefully received! i'm not hugely pc literate so any idiot guides welcome!
    thanks and best wishes, phil

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

What type of user account do you have? May need to be an administrative one to make those changes.

3. pblackman

pblackman Thread Starter

i'm already set up as an administrator (just double checked ;) )

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Do you use MS Networking?

5. pblackman

pblackman Thread Starter

I've never used MS networking, but whether the pc is setup for it or not i couldn't say.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/607855