1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

enter one website and it gives me another instead

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by remofire, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. remofire

remofire Thread Starter

A few months ago, I asked my mother to access our local news website to check the radar for me. She informed me that she cannot get that website. Everytime she tries, it goes to a site called web-pros.com instead. My computer has always worked flawlessly unti 2 weeks ago, now it is doing the same thing. I have emptied cookies, temp internet files, restarted computer, so far nothing helps. it is like once a computer has visited web-pros it no longer even tries to pull up the site I want ( www.news25.us )

News 25 is unaware of a problem and web-pros has been emailed numerous times. They have never had the decency to respond. Please, someone help this new guy! I am running windows 2000. We are using a newer version of IE called windows internet explorer. It is more streamlined looking than the older version but I could use the older version of IE better.

Thanks for any help you can give!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    FWiW, running TRACERT for both URLs seems to indicate that the www.news25.us and www.web-pros.com web sites are hosted by nFrame with slightly different IP addresses.

Code:
    Tracing route to www.news25.us [216.37.33.198]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

9    25 ms    23 ms    23 ms  12.118.180.66
     10    20 ms    22 ms    23 ms  Room122A-2-Elm.nframe.com [216.37.0.86]
     11    23 ms    37 ms    36 ms  IP-64-255-241-5.nframe.net [64.255.241.5]
     12    32 ms    30 ms    26 ms  IP-216-37-33-198.nframe.net [216.37.33.198]

Tracing route to www.web-pros.com [216.37.33.194]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

9    24 ms    24 ms    25 ms  12.118.180.66
     10    22 ms    21 ms    21 ms  Room122A-2-Elm.nframe.com [216.37.0.86]
     11    22 ms    23 ms    24 ms  IP-64-255-241-5.nframe.net [64.255.241.5]
     12    21 ms    21 ms    20 ms  cas.web-pros.com [216.37.33.194]
    I just tried accessing the News25 site by using its IP address ( http://216.37.33.198 ) and got a simple text page that said:

-----
    You have reached this page in error. Please contact us via email or call 800/266.0101 x201 to let us know you received this page. Please include the URL you were trying to reach.

Thank you,

The web-pros team.
    ----- ​

Do you get the same message or the web-pros home page when you try to get to the News25 site using the URL?

Maybe you can try calling the number and extension and get an explanation of your particular problem?

3. remofire

remofire Thread Starter

I have just been getting the web pros home page. I tried there number but it just rang-no answer. Maybe they are gone for the day.

Thanks!:)

4. mtdriver

mtdriver

http://www.news25.us/ works ok for me but ip gives a message of

You have reached this page in error. Please contact us via email or call 800/266.0101 x201 to let us know you received this page. Please include the URL you were trying to reach.
    Thank you,

The web-pros team.

5. mtdriver

mtdriver

Network Operations Center
    [email protected]
    +1-888-223-8633
    here is the contact no I found for them

6. remofire

remofire Thread Starter

A friend said he was pulling it up fine as well. Then for a test he pulled up web-pros.com After doing this he could no longer pull up www.news25.us hmmmmmmmmmmmm:confused: :confused:

7. mtdriver

mtdriver

They may be having problems with their news server then I guess

8. mtdriver

mtdriver

Try clicking on the link in my post to see if it gets you there

9. remofire

remofire Thread Starter

10. mtdriver

mtdriver

Try deleting all temp internet files and cookies and try it again also do you have a third party browser search bar that is re directing you

11. remofire

remofire Thread Starter

deleting all temp internet files and cookies did not help. I have no idea about the 3rd party web browser! ha ha!:)

Can you go to the web pros page and then still access news25.us afterwards?

12. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Could still access both sites, switching between them several times using both Firefox 2.0.0.3 and IE 6.0.2900.2180 (let active scripts run when alerted to them).

13. remofire

remofire Thread Starter

I got this message from web pros ( finally ) The way I read it I need to check my spyware program or look for the program on my computer and delete it? below is what they sent me.

One thing to try is to see if you have what is called “FunWebProducts” on your machine. This is a spyware that points WEHT to us. It did this during the creation process when the site was in creation at http://weht.web-pros.com. FunWebProducts spidered the site and pointed dns to us seeing the web-pros.com. When the site went live, they disregarded the new dns and kept the pointer to our site. This has worked for a good deal of users. I hope it works for you as well.

14. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=get5
    Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
    Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
    Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
    Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
    Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
    Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

15. remofire

remofire Thread Starter

OK, I will try that. My Norton security has scanned the actual program called FunWebProducts and says it cannot find a risk. I found it by doing a file search. It was in C drive program files folder.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice