entered wrong FSB, now comp wont boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sjlsam

i entered the wrong FSB into the bios, the comp will power on but it does noot boot at all, is there any possible way of refreshing the bios or something?

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Look in the manual. There is a key you can hold down whilst powering on. (often Insert or pageup)

sjlsam

DaveBurnett said:
Look in the manual. There is a key you can hold down whilst powering on. (often Insert or pageup)
there is a key to access the bios, but the bios i dont think is even starting when i turn the computer on, the monitor recieves no signal, etc.

You should have a jumper on the MB that clears the bios. You can then boot and redo everything.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Swap it and then back with machine off. You will need to reset to the optimised settings when you get into the BIOS.

Triple6

Rob
You just have to move the jumper over for a few minutes then move it back. You're not suppose to start the computer with the jumper in the clear position but it wouldn't do any harm. Turn the computer on after returning the jumper back to the normal/original position.

sjlsam

ok, while the computer off and unplugged, i switched the jumper back and forth while pausing inbetween, then i turned the computer back on and still nothing happens, the monitor continues to show that it is in Power Save Mode, which means that its not getting a signal

pull the cmos battery out, put it in your pocket (no change or keys) and go for a short walk, come back and put it back in, reboot. If that doent work at least you got some fresh air.

Triple6

Rob
So the jumper is back in the position it was to begin with?

Try pulling out the CMOS battery for a few seconds then put it back in and turn the computer on.

sjlsam

does the computer have to be unplugged completely while this is happening

sjlsam

i tried it with the battery and it works, thanks guys !!! almost had a crisis

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online