1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

entered wrong FSB, now comp wont boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sjlsam, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sjlsam

sjlsam Thread Starter

i entered the wrong FSB into the bios, the comp will power on but it does noot boot at all, is there any possible way of refreshing the bios or something?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Look in the manual. There is a key you can hold down whilst powering on. (often Insert or pageup)

3. sjlsam

sjlsam Thread Starter

there is a key to access the bios, but the bios i dont think is even starting when i turn the computer on, the monitor recieves no signal, etc.

4. norton850

norton850

5. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

You should have a jumper on the MB that clears the bios. You can then boot and redo everything.

6. sjlsam

sjlsam Thread Starter

7. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Swap it and then back with machine off. You will need to reset to the optimised settings when you get into the BIOS.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You just have to move the jumper over for a few minutes then move it back. You're not suppose to start the computer with the jumper in the clear position but it wouldn't do any harm. Turn the computer on after returning the jumper back to the normal/original position.

9. sjlsam

sjlsam Thread Starter

ok, while the computer off and unplugged, i switched the jumper back and forth while pausing inbetween, then i turned the computer back on and still nothing happens, the monitor continues to show that it is in Power Save Mode, which means that its not getting a signal

10. brite750

brite750

pull the cmos battery out, put it in your pocket (no change or keys) and go for a short walk, come back and put it back in, reboot. If that doent work at least you got some fresh air.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So the jumper is back in the position it was to begin with?

Try pulling out the CMOS battery for a few seconds then put it back in and turn the computer on.

12. sjlsam

sjlsam Thread Starter

does the computer have to be unplugged completely while this is happening

13. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

that would be a good idea, dont want to risk shocking yourself while fiddling with pc

14. sjlsam

sjlsam Thread Starter

i tried it with the battery and it works, thanks guys !!! almost had a crisis

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice