1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Entering text backwards\One Shift key dodgy

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mazmetron, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazmetron

Mazmetron Thread Starter

Hi all,

Purchased a new laptop (Acer Aspire 4820T running Windows 7 64-bit) a month ago and just having a few problems as of today:

1.) Whilst entering text (irrelevant of program) when I type at my normal speed the text lags and ends up entering text backwards/ jumbled up/ too many letters. It's fine if I type really slow...but painfully so.

2.) My right shift key doesn't turn an letters into capitals or a few symbols, it only works on a few punctuation and the numbers.

I've not spilt anything on the laptop and have tried blowing under the keys/dusting them but it's the same issue. I've restarted my laptop and have not installed anything new recently.

Appreciate any help you can give!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Certainly others here may have more helpful advice, but I'd be contacting the retailer or manufacturer. Even if there are programs running and causing the text printing to lag I think the scrambled characters and the shift key malfunction are more likely hardware defects.

If you have, or can borrow, a USB or wireless keyboard you could use it to get a 2nd opinion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!