1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Entry level pay

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Mithrilhall, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall Thread Starter

I've been working at my current jog for about 4 years part-time (full-time in the summers) and I think they might be offering me a fulltime position soon.

I mainly work on the company’s Intranet and Internet site using ASP/JavaScript/CSS/HTML. I’m also starting to offer support for some of the applications that the other developers have made.

I don’t really consider myself entry-level but I think they might mention that when we sit down to negotiate my pay. I’ve checked out www.salary.com and they list an entry level programmer in my area (Western Massachusetts) making between $43,819 and $54,940.

I figured that there had to be some programmers in here and was wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing what you started out at when you were entry-level. I really don’t have a clue what to ask for and I don’t want to short change myself but at the same time I don’t want to ask for a immensely high amount.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Unless you are in MA don't expect those types of salaries. The cost of living out there is extremely high. Ask, all they can do is say no. 4 years I would not consider an entry level employee either. Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice