Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Entry Point Not Found" Error (RPCRT4.dll)

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Nomado 
#1 ·
I started to have an error recently and it's very annoying and I can't get rid of it. I suppose it is connected to some .net framework stuff or something related.
Windows 7 x86.
It reads:

"x_process.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point I_RpcBindingSetPrivateOption could not be located in the dynamic link library RPCRT4.dll."

x_process can be different and so far it varied as Fences.exe (it's a Stardock Fences application I used for a long time), MOM.exe and CCC.exe (which are amd video card related processes) and they pop out multiple times at a windows startup and also almost at every full screen application start too, it gets very annoying and sometimes it pops out pretty randomly while watching something etc.
Mostly its Fences.exe that gives me this error frequently. It never happened before.
I THINK it supposedly started after I installed couple of games and they also brought some c++ distributable installations with them, one 2010 and another 2012, I actually already even deleted them too. And I repaired my .net framework 4.5. Nothing changed, still have the error. I used the .net framework integrity check tool as well, all good, all verified. Google hasn't helped much too. And I don't see any visual basic installed on my pc, which is the culprit in many similar cases.
I also checked my OS HDD for errors, it's all ok. Used sfc /scannow and no errors. System restore haven't helped too. DLL suite found a lot of stuff, I fixed it, problem persists. Even used HijackThis to rid of some sneaky stuff I didn't know run behind. The error is STILL there.
Please help?

See less See more
#3 ·
Actually it's just 2 of them. Fences and AMD's Catalyst Control Center.
Anyway I did reinstall them and it does not help. When they are not present in the system I don't have the corresponding errors, when they are installed back the errors re-appear. The funny thing is I can live without Catalyst CC, but I already can't without the Fences on this windows installation and the majority of errors is Fences'. (Meanwhile when reinstalling fences it also prompted me to install a trial of objectdock program and I did just to see. Well that one brought its own plethora of same errors for its .exe, if that's of any help). I've read around that it may be a .net framework related issue and at first I tried to start my fixing attempts from there. But I just thought that I'd probably get much more errors if that'd be the case as many applications and games use .net framework these days. But who knows it may be some specific problem still related.
This problem is VERY annoying and so far nothing helps at all and I even started thinking about migrating to x64 OS (which I wasn't really planning to do on this PC without upgrading it first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.