EOL (End Of Life) for all versions of Adobe Flash Player

Professionalgirl

Tina
Attention Tech Guy Friends, I just received an alert directly from Adobe Flash that reads, "As previously Announced in July of 2017, Adobe Flash will stop distributing and updating Flash Player on December 31 of 2020 and were previously urging users to uninstall Flash Player since October 2020." (Adobe Flash, 2020). Therefore, Adobe Flash is urging users to seek alternative players other than flash and to delete Flash Player before it becomes obsolete. According to the Adobe Flash Player site "devices such as Google Chrome, Apple, Android, Windows and other computerized devices, Adobe Flash EOL will end for all devices." (Adobe Flash, 2020) Therefore, Flash Player will be vulnerable to potential security threats after it is no longer supported. For more information please visit the following link. Adobe Flash EOL

Last edited:

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'll be glad to see the back of Flash Player. It's been a sysadmin's nightmare for years, having to play Whac-a-Mole to try and keep all the security flaws patched constantly.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I uninstalled the activeX and plug-in versions of Adobe Flash Player 2 - 3 months ago in Windows 7.
I uninstalled Java Runtime Environment last year in both Windows 7 and 10.
Both apps present security issues.
I've seen no adverse effects from getting rid of them.

--------------------------------------------------

Professionalgirl

Tina
I'll be glad to see the back of Flash Player. It's been a sysadmin's nightmare for years, having to play Whac-a-Mole to try and keep all the security flaws patched constantly.
I totally agree Colin. It was certainly a big pain. Hopefully something better will come along that doesn't stop working when its out of date and hopefully it stays up to date on its own.

Professionalgirl

Tina
I uninstalled the activeX and plug-in versions of Adobe Flash Player 2 - 3 months ago in Windows 7.
I uninstalled Java Runtime Environment last year in both Windows 7 and 10.
Both apps present security issues.
I've seen no adverse effects from getting rid of them.

--------------------------------------------------
I agree with you as well Frank! There were definitely security flaws regarding both Java Runtime and Adobe Flash. I have also deleted them from both Windows 10 backup and the main laptop to mitigate potential vulnerabilities with this software.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I totally agree Colin. It was certainly a big pain. Hopefully something better will come along that doesn't stop working when its out of date and hopefully it stays up to date on its own.
I know when working with a lot of companies who used Flash, they've now transitioned to HTML5. We're a bit behind the curve with vSphere, so we're rushing to get that upgraded to beat the cut-off date. You won't be missed, Flash!

Professionalgirl

Tina
I know when working with a lot of companies who used Flash, they've now transitioned to HTML5. We're a bit behind the curve with vSphere, so we're rushing to get that upgraded to beat the cut-off date. You won't be missed, Flash!
The vSphere sounds interesting Colin. Will it be available on all devices or just specific devices?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The vSphere sounds interesting Colin. Will it be available on all devices or just specific devices?
vSphere is used for managing our VMWare-based virtual servers via browser-based sessions, Tina. The later iterations support HTML5, but we're just doing a wrap-up on that right now. As with all other businesses this year, we've had to meet more pressing challenges.

Professionalgirl

Tina
vSphere is used for managing our VMWare-based virtual servers via browser-based sessions, Tina. The later iterations support HTML5, but we're just doing a wrap-up on that right now. As with all other businesses this year, we've had to meet more pressing challenges.
Oh That's right. VSphere is only "used for VMWare-based virtual servers to initiate browser sessions," as you suggested Colin. As for the development of your project it would be challenging to meet such a short deadline since that doesn't leave much room for testing to ensure that it works properly.

I just thought maybe your team would expand vSphere for use on other devices but I guess not.

Have you tried the RAD model design if possible? I believe it would speed things up a little more, however I'm not quite so sure it's compatible with VMWare.
I am not quite so sure that i'm making sense here because I have diffaculty retaining information that I aquired the skills for back in collledge.

Last edited:

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The upgrade shouldn't be too intense for vSphere, Tina; just finding the time has been the biggest bugbear. Still, as time is becoming ever more pressing, we'll just have to re-prioritize and get it done. RAD wouldn't be applicable in this instance, but a good shout nonetheless for the methodology :giggle:

Professionalgirl

Tina
The upgrade shouldn't be too intense for vSphere, Tina; just finding the time has been the biggest bugbear. Still, as time is becoming ever more pressing, we'll just have to re-prioritize and get it done. RAD wouldn't be applicable in this instance, but a good shout nonetheless for the methodology :giggle:
Absolutely.(y)
It sure would save a lot of time when the IT department is pressed for time. However, It is a little pricey and requires trained professionals with an adequate amount of team members. I previously worked with the RAD model design when researching for the Info Systems Design Course back in college and found it to be the most efficient, reliable and the best performing model design. Each student was to pick a model design that would be ideal for the case study that was retrieved from Harvard Business and implement a model design that was ideal to us and it included switching the older model design to a newer design. I switched from the Waterfall design to the RAD model design for the F Secure (SaaS) case study. I received an outstanding 4.0 GPA for the project. (y):)

Last edited:

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'll be glad to see the back of it, so we don't have a constant game of Whac-a-Mole with patching security flaws.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online