Epson 1430 printer and windows 10 problem

You did not need to post the report here Just the link would have done.
You are not running any of the KB that Colin was asking about.
Can you go to this link Epson and download the newest driver.
Test
if still BSOD
Are you able to connect via usb cable to test

Couriant

James
Again, since there is 2 computers having issues, though my question about the laptop connecting wirelessly wasn’t answered, perhaps try the laptop with the usb and if you get the same Issue then more than likely the printer is the cause

Shunter

Peter
Windows did an update and now all I get with my Epson artisan 1430 is a paper jam or paper not loaded properly. now how the, can we fix this. I'm getting confused with windows and pc problems after updates.

Shunter

printed test page. printer spat out the page with a paper error and the pc immediately went to blue screen.

Running a Printer Check
Running a printer check helps you determine if the printer is operating properly.
  1. Make sure that the CD/DVD tray is not inserted in the product and the CD/DVD feed tray is closed.
  2. Load a few sheets of plain paper in the product.
  3. Turn off the product.
  4. Disconnect any connected interface cables.
  5. Hold down the
    paper/cancel button as you press the
    power button to turn the product back on. Hold down both buttons until the
    power light begins to flash, then release the buttons.

Or This is easier

You can print a network status sheet to help you determine the causes of any problems you may have using your product on a network.
To print the status sheet, press the
network status button on the product.
Examine the settings shown on the network status sheet to diagnose any problems you have.
We are not interested in what it prints out just to see if it jams

Shunter

did all that. printed test sheet and printed ok. Before I printed status sheet It printed a nozzle check then spat out the next page blank.

Couriant

James
did all that. printed test sheet and printed ok. Before I printed status sheet It printed a nozzle check then spat out the next page blank.
then paper jam light goes on and cant print.
Since this happened when you did a test/status print from the printer directly, then this indicates a problem with the printer itself. Some printers can have a firmware update to see if that helps, but it sounds like it's too much to keep working on this printer than to look into a new printer.

Yes if paper jam is happening from the test print without a computer involved you have a sensor error on the printer. you need to look through the paper path and see if you can find a piece of paper torn off that could be causing the problem.
If you are using a paper tray. Remove the tray and check the first pick up roller it may need a clean.
Use a damp - not soaking wet cloth to clean the roller then use some rubbing alcohol or a bit of metho to clean the roller. Also check the rear paper guide is sung against the paper. If it is loose the paper moves back
and causes a paper jam error even though it is not really jammed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online