Epson 740 Repair Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

C-VENN

I have a Epson 740 Printer that is not recognizing the black ink cartridge. It is a purely hardware issue because I have narrowed it down to the switch in the ink socket. Anybody ever have this problem. I am either looking for a schematic or a way to bypass that switch. I would prefer some guidance before I start trying to pull this thing apart.
I need this printer to work because it is hooked up to a proprietary DOS based retail sales register system, coded for the Epson 740 print format. The guy who built the system would charge use a $$$$ to re-program for a new printer.

Thanks for your help, Charles

C-VENN said:
I have a Epson 740 Printer that is not recognizing the black ink cartridge. It is a purely hardware issue because I have narrowed it down to the switch in the ink socket. Anybody ever have this problem. I am either looking for a schematic or a way to bypass that switch. I would prefer some guidance before I start trying to pull this thing apart.
I need this printer to work because it is hooked up to a proprietary DOS based retail sales register system, coded for the Epson 740 print format. The guy who built the system would charge use a $$$$ to re-program for a new printer.

Thanks for your help, Charles
Hi C-VENN
It may be safer to replace the print head.
Regards
Rex

C-VENN

I have two of them already. The other one the gears or drive mech dosn't work all the time.

C-VENN said:
I have two of them already. The other one the gears or drive mech dosn't work all the time.
Hi again.
Can you not swap the print heads over make one good one from the two.
Regards
Rex

SSC Service Utility
for Epson Stylus Printers Hi try going to this site and download the programe it resets all settings on epsons back to new

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
I have an Epson Stylus 600 that is about to go to a recycling center (permamently clogged ink nozzles). If you could post a pic or description of what parts you need, I can send them to you if it looks like they would work in a 740 printer.

C-VENN

Thanks guys for all the help, I just ordered another one. Anybody know of a place I can send the 2 ones that don't work to be repaired or rebuilt.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online