1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson 740 Repair Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by C-VENN, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. C-VENN

C-VENN Thread Starter

I have a Epson 740 Printer that is not recognizing the black ink cartridge. It is a purely hardware issue because I have narrowed it down to the switch in the ink socket. Anybody ever have this problem. I am either looking for a schematic or a way to bypass that switch. I would prefer some guidance before I start trying to pull this thing apart.
    I need this printer to work because it is hooked up to a proprietary DOS based retail sales register system, coded for the Epson 740 print format. The guy who built the system would charge use a $$$$ to re-program for a new printer.

Thanks for your help, Charles

2. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi C-VENN
    It may be safer to replace the print head.
    Regards
    Rex

3. Leec65

Leec65

4. C-VENN

C-VENN Thread Starter

I have two of them already. The other one the gears or drive mech dosn't work all the time.

5. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi again.
    Can you not swap the print heads over make one good one from the two.
    Regards
    Rex

6. irishlass

irishlass

SSC Service Utility
    for Epson Stylus Printers Hi try going to this site and download the programe it resets all settings on epsons back to new

7. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I have an Epson Stylus 600 that is about to go to a recycling center (permamently clogged ink nozzles). If you could post a pic or description of what parts you need, I can send them to you if it looks like they would work in a 740 printer.

8. C-VENN

C-VENN Thread Starter

Thanks guys for all the help, I just ordered another one. Anybody know of a place I can send the 2 ones that don't work to be repaired or rebuilt.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice