Epson and HP print half a page and then stop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Seth.Stewart

We have a location with 4 printers all running on wifi. Until recently they were all working fine. We needed to add a couple VOIP phones to our sonicwall. After this our HP T120 started only printing half a page and then having an error. at the same time our Epson WF 4630 started doing the same thing. I rebooted the computers, rebooted the printers, power cycled the printers, re installed the drivers and set over tcp/ip connection, contacted support, etc etc.. I am at a loss for what to do and "business" is down at that location. I even set each printers up with static IP's just to see. I assume it had something to do with adding the VOIP phones and how they communicate over the network.

Seth.Stewart

I hard reset the printers back to factory defaults and hard wired the laptops instead of using wifi. I used tcp/ip to set up the printers and they work. But I'm still wondering why in the world they all of a sudden stopped working over wifi after a year of working fine? I suspected it was the VOIP phones being assigned static IP's but I don't quite understand how that would affect it at all. When I go to search for printers to connect to nothing shows up under wireless printers. Either way, I hope this saves someone some time and if anyone knows or has any suggestions for the wifi issue I would appreciate it.

simian

Account Closed
Thank you for posting a solution @Seth.Stewart

Theres always various things to look at, like assigning static IP's to all your network devices (not just one or two) irrespective of connection type (WiFi/Wired) then power cycle all devices starting with routers -> switches/bridges -> repeaters -> finally devices.

If you have firmware updatable devices, also look and perform updates for all of them along with drivers where applicable. Sometimes a bug that has been solved in newer firmware/software/drivers accounts for the odd behaviour with some configurations, like what you experienced.

Also feel free to mark thread as solved to help others identify and quickly find the solution they may be looking for.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online