Epson ink cartridges chip logic

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

winpc

Old printer was an SX425W and my new printer is an XP342

The unused cartridges from the old printer look identical to those for the XP342.

Would I be risking damage to the XP342 to try those for the SW425W in the XP342?

Different logic in the chips I suppose?

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
Many cartridges look similar and many cartridges work between numerous models.

Having said that, those two printers use different style cartridges (different part numbers), so I doubt they will work. Most likely, they won't even be recognized.

winpc

I've tried the black and the yellow of the inks I bought in the printer.

The magenta and blue of the originals that came with the printer are still quite full.

With the replacement inks in, the printer now prints yellow for the entire print.

Fault inks chips perhaps?

Not original Epson I should mention!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online