1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson ink cartridges chip logic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by winpc, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

Old printer was an SX425W and my new printer is an XP342

The unused cartridges from the old printer look identical to those for the XP342.

Would I be risking damage to the XP342 to try those for the SW425W in the XP342?

Different logic in the chips I suppose?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Many cartridges look similar and many cartridges work between numerous models.

Having said that, those two printers use different style cartridges (different part numbers), so I doubt they will work. Most likely, they won't even be recognized.

3. winpc

winpc Thread Starter

I've tried the black and the yellow of the inks I bought in the printer.

The magenta and blue of the originals that came with the printer are still quite full.

With the replacement inks in, the printer now prints yellow for the entire print.

Fault inks chips perhaps?

Not original Epson I should mention!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice