1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson Perfection 2450 Photo Scanner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dougl27, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dougl27

dougl27 Thread Starter

undefinedundefined

I had an Epson photo printer which worked fine with my Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner. The printer died. Replaced it with an HP photosmart 7960. Scanned photographs print just fine using the Epson Smart Panel software.
    The "COPY" function returns this message:
    "The copy utility is having difficulty communicating with the currently selected printer. Please check that the printer has been installed correctly."
    I had the man who installed all this for me in the first place try to fix the problem. Several reinstalls of both printer and scanner and eliminating all references to Epson printers, it still won't work. He has suggested just using the "photo" function on the Smart Panel. It works but you must use predetermined degrees of enlargement or reduction and that has proved to be very restrictive.

The computer is HP 7960. Microsoft XP.
    Help?
    My e-mail is [email protected]
    Thanks for any possible help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice