1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson Printer -only "queues"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GrahamH, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GrahamH

GrahamH Thread Starter

Hi I have an Epson Styus Color 800 printer that now will not print but queues all docs. I have dumped it and reloaded it a few times-sometime it will print for a while than goes back to queueing. Any thoughts please. I am running Win 98SE -Cheers Graham

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Graham
    This is a long shot but may be worth checking out. If your unit is allowed to go into stand-by or hibernate using a usb connection a conflict occurs.
    This is a possibility you can check out.
    Click Here for usb notice from Epson.
    Another way is to see if you are have a conflict with other software running in background. First try removing all but explorer and systray using end task crtl,alt,del. No go there then
    try removing most of those programs from your startup group.
    Go to start/run type in msconfig and enter. Select the startup tab and uncheck all listed except
    systray, scanregistry, loadpowerprofiles (both), Tweakui if there,
    and any Antivirus/firewall programs you have.
    After you made the changes click apply and restart the computer.
    See if you problem is fixed.
    If problem does not reoccur then one of the programs within the group is conflicting. To find which you will have to add back one at a time to find the culprit.
    That is all I can think of maybe someone else will have other ideas.
    Dave

3. RandyG

RandyG

Make sure your Printer is not set to Pause.

Go to Start, Settings, Printers and right-click the Epson. Uncheck the Pause Printing.

Or

Go into Propperties of the Printer, click on Details tab, click Spool Settings, and make sure that "Spool print jobs so . . . " is checked and the option below is "Start printing after first page is spooled" and also "enable b-directional . . ."

See if that helps.

4. Gary16735

Gary16735

I have the Epson 880 and believe it is a very fine machine. Hooked it up parallel and it worjked fine. Then USB when I got the scanner. Was not satisfied with speed or other aspects. Back to parallel and it back to top standards. Hope this info will help with the problem Gary

5. GrahamH

GrahamH Thread Starter

Thank you for your post - I wil give it a go
    regards
    GrahamH

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice