1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

epson stylus color 400 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sledman, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sledman

sledman Thread Starter

i am running 98 se.i hooked up an epson 400 printer,loaded the drivers,and everything is normal except for one little problem-when i try to print something,it goes to the spool manager and says it is queued.it stays in the spool manager and won't go any furthur than that.there are no error messages,there's nothing to indicate that there is a problem.please help,this is driving me nuts!

2. sledman

sledman Thread Starter

i read thru some old postings,and came across one from birdog2,posted on 23 april,2002.mt problem was that when i tried printing something,it would stay queued in the spool manager. birdog said that he deleted his popup killer and it worked...guess what? i deleted my popup stopper, and now my printer works like a charm!thanks birdog2!!!

3. winbob

winbob

Rather than go totally without a popup stopper, check the operating instructions for your stopper and see what the "over-ride" key is. It's probably CTL or SHIFT. Then when you want to print use the appropriate over-ride and it should work.

4. sledman

sledman Thread Starter

thanks for getting back to me,Winbob...i tried the override and it did'nt work for some reason.i tried shutting it off completely,and still nothing.i deleted the popup stopper and voila! it worked.my popup stopper is from panicware...could it be some kind of conflict with the printer software?

5. winbob

winbob

My original guess was that when you invoked your printer program a Pop-up screen came up for acknowledgement/confirmation, or whatever. Suppressing this window, I figured was causing your problem....which is why I thought if you over rode the stopper it might work.

As far as a conflict with the print program itself....could be...who knows???? Try a different shareware or freeware stopper, there are a lot around!

6. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice