1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson Stylus D68

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Edsmum, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Edsmum

Edsmum Thread Starter

Just been given an Epson Stylus D68 but can't get it to work on Vista! Seems like a drivers problem. Any help or advice most gratefully received. Thanks

2. Plantsman

Plantsman

3. Edsmum

Edsmum Thread Starter

Thank you very much Plantsman. I've downloaded/installed the software but still no luck with the printing I'm afraid. Could it be due to the black ink cartridge (which I fitted) not being genuine Epson causing the problem? I'm really grateful for your help.

Thank you

4. Plantsman

Plantsman

I use compatible ink cartridges from Internet Ink and they are excellent. Can't comment on yours but if you have print problems replace them with some decent cartridges. If you are UK based look here.

http://www.internet-ink.co.uk/Epson-Ink-Cartridges-D68/

After your first order you get 10% discount on all future orders

5. Edsmum

Edsmum Thread Starter

Thank you Plantsman, but I don't think the quality of the compatible cartridge would present a problem in itself, I've used this make in another Epson printer for several years. I just wondered if this particular printer needed tweaking in some way before it would accept non-Epson cartridges.

The printer status icon on the task bar displays the message: Printer is not ready to print and Check all connections and make sure all devices are on. To cancel printing, click the Cancel button. I've checked the connections and all devices (printer/computer) are on.

I'm very grateful for your help.

Thanks.

6. Plantsman

Plantsman

Go into Control Panel>Printers and make sure the Epson D68 is set as default then double click on its icon, in the window that appears click on Printers in the Menu and make sure Pause Printing is unticked and Use Printer Offline is unticked. Otherwise it could be a connection/cable problem.

7. Edsmum

Edsmum Thread Starter

Thank you again Plantsman. Printer is "set" as you recommend but still no-go. Will check cables/connections again and keep my fingers crossed.

Many thanks for your help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/764230