1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

EPSON STYLUS PHOTO RX620 - help, please!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by linzy, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. linzy

linzy Thread Starter

Hi!

My EPSON STYLUS PHOTO RX620 which was working fine before has now decided to display a 'printer error occurred - please see documentation' message. When I checked the user manual, it suggested i switch off, then on again and if that didn't work (which it didn't!) to contact my dealer.

I had just replaced the ink cartidges, so I've given them a check over to see if anything was wrong there, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary, and I can't see or feel any jammed bits of paper.

If anyone has any ideas about how to sort this out, I'd really appreciate the help :)

2. Sponsor

3. eliseby

eliseby

I know this is absolutely no help, but I get the same message on my rx620 printer screen. If I find out how to fix it I'll post a note. The only thing I found out is that a "repair" tech might be able to work it out for about $65. In the mean-time I bought a Kodak 5300 all-in-one ($22. for a combo pack of both ink cartridges).
    I haven't given up on a "home remedy" for my epson(yet).

4. BIGBOBUK2008

BIGBOBUK2008

HI,

Turn off the printer Hold down The Stop Button And The B & W Button Turn on
    the printer while holding the buttons down printer will reset

good luck

bigbobuk2008

5. eliseby

eliseby

BIGBOBUK208,
    I just got notice of your posting. I'm gonna drag yon epson back up out of the dungeon (AKA-basement) and try your advise. Thanks for the reply and I'll let you know how I make out.

6. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

This is nothing new for Epson printers unfortunately,I first came across this problem about two years ago ...I used this utility to sort mine out ...see what you think and if you want to give it a try its up to you ...it cleared mine at the time,something about resetting counters forgotten now ...

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

7. SB305

SB305

Thanks for that link, telecom 69.
    I gave up on trying to fix my first 620 after installing "compatible" cartridges.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/566528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice