1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

epson stylus sx510w & mavbook pro (tiger)

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by 65trombones, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 65trombones

65trombones Thread Starter

I have recently purchased an Epson SX510W all in one wireless printer/scanner etc & I've got it connected via a Netgear DG 834g router. I have 4 windows laptops (2 xp & 2 win 7) and a macbook pro running Tiger OS.
    The printer works seamlessly with all of the window laptops and will scan documents to the mac, however when I attempt to print from the mac I get a 'communication error' window and the options to delete or stop the job.
    Can anyone advie as to what I should do. I have deleted & re installed the supplied software but this has made no difference.

2. Headrush

Headrush

Try removing the printer from the Print & Fax system preference panel and than re-add the printer.

Is this printer connecting using Bonjour, or LPD protocol? (over wifi I understand)

3. 65trombones

65trombones Thread Starter

Hi there,

Thanks for your help. I've tried deleting & re adding the printer, I've also deleted & re installed the software again. The printer was connected via bonjour & I've also tried to connect it as an IP printer but I still get the same message. My feeling is that there is some form of firewall or file blocking software stopping the mac & printer communicating properly as it will print when connected via a USB cable. However I haven't installed any firewall type software & I don't know where to look to see if there is a default apple supplied firewall

4. Headrush

Headrush

OS X does have a built in firewall software. It's located in System Preferences -> Security

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice