1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

epson sx515w printer cyan cartridge (712) not reconized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by magnum1954, Mar 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. magnum1954

magnum1954 Thread Starter

hi
    I have an Epson sx515w printer I have just replaced all 4 carts the 711, 713, 714, carts are fine but dose not find the 712 cart has anyone had this problem, it worked fine before.
    all carts are Epson originals, the 712 is fine I tested it in another slot and it was ok.
    any help or info would be welcome.

my system is -:
    Samsung laptop
    win 7 home 32bit
    1tb hdd
    8gb mem

many thanks
    magnum1954

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Check the chip contacts within the ink cartridge holder for any debris or dried ink and wipe with a lint-free cloth if necessary.

The chip contacts in the ink cartridge holder (cartridges removed)

[​IMG]

1. Although not your printer the principle is the same

3. Macboatmaster

having seen my reply - a response from you would be appreciated

4. magnum1954

I sent a reply saying that I would give it a try and get back to you to let you how I got on

Many thanks
    Magnum195414

5. Macboatmaster

Cheers - as you can see there is no previous response from you
    Hope you get it sorted

6. magnum1954

Hi
    I have tried cleaning still the same. But what I did see is that on the board where the pin connectors are. The sockets for the first 3 cartridges all the pins are there. But the last one has one pin less. I will try and get a photo for u to look at and see what u think. And can this part be replaced by me and how much would it cost and where from.

7. Macboatmaster

AS you say it worked fine before you replaced the cartridges I can only suggest that a pin has been damaged
    HOWEVER I honestly do not know if the missing pin should be on the slot and I very much doubt that anyone, except EPSOM would be able to give you a definite answer to that question.
    I certainly could not.
    One presumes that if the pin is there on three it should be there on the other, but that is only based on simple logic.

Replacement and cost is something I have no knowledge on.

8. magnum1954

Hi
    Will do as u say and drop an email to epson and let u know what they say. It may be of help to other members

9. magnum1954

hi
    got word back from Epson and they told me its a missing pin that's my prob the pins that touch the chips on the carts. if you look at the pic u sent u will see that all the pins are of the same amount. on mine it should be 711 has 9 pins, 713 has 9 pins, 714 has 9 pins, but 712 has only 8 pins, so one pin missing and it would be to costly to get the part from them. they said try looking on ebay for spares it should only cost a few pounds. and its easy to replace the part remove the cart cover, remove carts, and side panel (cable side) disconnect the cables ( you maybe lucky and not have to remove the cables) 3 screws for cart holder, lift out the pin unit insert new pin unit. and reverse order to rebuild, and you have to watch as it is very easy to pull the pins out when changing carts.

many thanks
    magnum1954

10. Macboatmaster

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice