1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson WF-2530 printer always 'paper out' when I try to print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edjamesclt, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edjamesclt

edjamesclt Thread Starter

Every time I try to print anything, my WF-2530 feeds a sheet through and reports paper out. The unit has seen little use and has never had a paper jam. I have carefully loaded only a few sheets of regular 20 lb paper and it does it every time. I have done the same with some Kodak photo paper for inkjet and gotten the same results. It simply does not detect that there is paper loaded.

I have tried resetting the unit, powering off then on, disconnecting and reconnecting the power cord. Nothing causes it to recognize that paper is loaded after it feeds the first sheet through. Press the 'OK' button and it will feed another sheet and continue to report 'paper out'.

I don't want to replace such a lightly used printer. If I can correct whatever is wrong with the paper sensor it would be a blessing. Help!

2. PhilBen

PhilBen

I have the exact problem. I found a workaround (not a fix) so that I can still use my printer. The workaround is press the Stop/Reset button to cancel the print job. Then turn off the printer for 10 minutes, then turn it back on. Then print again. Those steps work for me, but the 10 minute wait for every failed instance like this makes a simple print job takes quite a while. But I'm like you, I don't want to replace a working printer with a slight problem. I have the same printer model.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

There may be something in the back of the feed tray like a pencil that is partially jamming the feed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1165888

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice