1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson WF 2530 - Says "paper out" every time i try to print.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by asuss06, Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

Every time i try to print something with my Epson WF 2530, its says "paper out or loaded incorrectly" even when there is plenty of paper. there is no jam and when i try to print, the paper just shoots out blank. its been working fine for a long time and just suddenly started this between printings yesterday.
    Is there any sort of reset?

im using Windows 8.1 and running the printer wirelessly.
    any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Silverdagger

Silverdagger

I've a couple ideas.
    0) Are you using the correct paper for the printer?
    0) Unplug the printer, wait 20-30 seconds and reconnect it.
    1) Take out the print cartridges and put them back in on at a time. Turn off the power. Move the carriage to the far left. Turn the printer on.
    2) Open and close all access panels.
    3) Check for any fragments on paper on the rollers.

4) Try cleaning the paper sensor and rollers

The sensor can be located by opening the front cover where the ink cartridges are. While looking inside just to the right of center manually feed a piece of paper like the printer does automatically. You should see a thin black lever move up and down as you push the paper in and pull it out repeatedly.

This is the paper jam sensor. ANY foreign object in the way of this sensor will cause a three orange light flash indicating a paper jam. Very hard to find without a flashlight. Another good idea would be to blow out the printer using a can of compressed air.

Clean the two Rollers Lightly dampen your lint-free cloth with water or alcohol. Squeeze it out to ensure that it's not too wet. Hold the cloth in one hand and press it lightly against the first roller. With your other hand, gently rotate the roller until you have cleaned it all the way around. Be extremely careful. Do not use too much pressure. You might have to run it through a few times to remove all of the residue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice