1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson WF-3640 ADF Paper Jam

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SJor14, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SJor14

SJor14 Thread Starter

My Epson WF-3640 auto document feed won't work. It keeps giving a paper jam error. There is no paper jam. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. armly

armly

Sounds like you need to reset it.

Would trying powering it down at the unit. Possibly unplug the usb there.

3. SJor14

SJor14 Thread Starter

How much of a reset are you thinking? I turned it off. Unplugged the LAN cable, and disconnected the power cable. Left it off for 20 minutes. Recabled, repowered. Still no ADF, get immediate ADF paper jam error.

4. armly

armly

This is an error on the machine and not through software?

Not sure of that model but we get this on our HP a lot.

If you can lift and reclose any hood.

I would still search for a deeper jam. Some time tear offs can be left off inside.

This covers jams inside, the cassette, the duplexer and document feeder http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=232592&prodoid=63099060&foid=254116

5. SJor14

SJor14 Thread Starter

Thanks. I have tried all of the Epson suggested places to clear any jams. There is nothing anywhere. Called Epson, they were slow and painful and had no solution other than to offer to send a replacement unit. Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice