1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Epson XP247 Wifi Issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nickpalk, Sep 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nickpalk

nickpalk Thread Starter

Hi there
    I've been using my printer successfully via WiFi from my laptop (Windows 10). My Hub crashed and was replaced with an identical device from my broadband supplier. All devices in the home have been re-connected except the printer. I've followed the instructions, namely depress WiFi button on printer until WiFi lights flash orange and green then depress the WPS button on the hub. Printer should take a moment to connect and flashing lights should stop - except they carry on flashing! Tried this a couple of times with no change. The Epson site is hopeless (just FAQs but not mine) so I would appreciate some help.

Many thanks Nick

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Manual - https://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/6258/epson625850eu.pdf

According to the manual.................

1.) Hold down the [WPS] button on the access point until the security light flashes.

2.) Press Wi-Fi button on the printer's control panel until the green light on the left and the orange light on the right alternately blink (approximately 3 seconds). The connection setting will start. Green light on the left and orange light on the right will simultaneously turn on when the connection is established. Orange light on the right will be automatically turned off within 5minutes

3. nickpalk

nickpalk Thread Starter

Many thanks for looking this up (the instructions I found online were printer first, WPS second!) I followed the instructions from the manual above, WPS then Printer wifi button and after a 20 seconds or so, both lights came to indicate that the connection was established and after a few minutes the orange light went out. However I still can't print. I turned the printer off and on again to see if that was needed but still no luck. Epson diagnostic states 'printer not found on network' Any further thoughts ? Again, many thanks Nick.

4. 2twenty2

2twenty2

You're welcome.

I'll let someone else take over from here.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Most cases you have 2 wireless connections on your modem/router combination. Make sure that both your computer and the printer are on the same wireless network. You should be able to see which network the printer connected to.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice