1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Epson xp820 printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CD ROM, Oct 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. CD ROM

CD ROM Thread Starter

My printer's black printer head skips lines in document and also will show faint parts of text. I have run several head cleanings on it without success. Now a print head check shows no print pattern for the black head. There is ink in the cartridge. Is there a way to manually clean the head?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

3. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    It will likely need to be replaced. These kind of printers unfortunately aren’t made with maintenance in mind. They’re cheap and inexpensive for a reason, because they’re somewhat disposable. That’s why you can buy a brand new print all ready to go out of the box for about 29$ yet to replace the ink it’s 45-50$.

My suggestion is if you print a lot of stuff (more than 100 pages a month), is look into getting a laser system. They do cost more but in the long run it’s way cheaper and less mess and hassle.

4. Macboatmaster

I agree old model of printer, but if you can get it working for the sake of a few £/$ and it meets your needs - just the occasional printing job, then its got to be worthwhile a try, before spending on a new one.

The other point is that IMHO these new printers are less tolerant of NON GEUINE cartridges than older models I have an Epsom SX218 and I have never used the genuine Epsom cartridges. A colleague has a new Epsom and it just will not accept a non genuine cartridge.

5. CD ROM

CD ROM Thread Starter

I wound up replacing the cartridge. Didn't seem to help. I left the printer on overnight and the next morning printed the original paper. Worked normal. Strange.
    CDROM

6. Macboatmaster

Thanks
    Mark it solved please
    click mark solved on opening post

Could have been cartridge -

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice