1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Equalizer app for PC? NOT player... EQUALIZER.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by zapp22, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

I'm amazed that I cannot find a good stereo multiband EQ download that will simply popup and work with any/all audio that is routed to my systems audio device.... I find tons of freebie players, most of them lousy and intrusive and not at all filling the need. Whether its Youtube, Bloomberg videos, various 'tv show' sites, audio files/mp3's, movies, whatever.... i need an easy handy EQ widget that lets me adjust sound.

this kind of thing is more needed now than ever before due to the extreme diversity of audio capabilities out there on web media things. all over the map from the sublime to the ridiculous, and ridiculed.

anyone have a clue?

I downloaded one lone wolf that CLAIMED to fill the bill but it looks like a .dll plugin intended for some specific application not on my machine. That one was http://tda.tention.org/index.php?cat=tdae&dest=eq2008s and the notes say that it requires "SSE", whatever that is. If anyone can educate me....

need! help

2. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

3. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

thx.
    this is a real hole in a little niche, isn't it... I shall talk to my software developer friend and see if he can extract an EQ package from some of his audio stuff and put it out there el freebo...

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Something like what you envision may not be all that easy to implement. It would most likely need to be part of the sound card's driver and some drivers already include that capability. Some sort of add-on "filter" driver may also fit the bill, but the solution would most likely need to be hardware-based and not a software solution to work for all audio. Running audio through some sort of software filtering would also slow the data stream to the audio device.

Something along the lines of Total Recorder may also work. It actually replaces the normal sound drivers so that it can access the stream for recording, and then feeds the hardware through the normal driver.

It seems that many USB sound devices include equalization, as well as many high-end sound cards:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39715&lid=1003766

5. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

to reiterate what elvandil said, my realtek 7.1 hd soundcard has a software equalizer as well as many other audio functions included. works great, sounds even better!!

6. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

IIRC SoundBlaster cards have an equalizer also.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/925427