1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Equalizer Software?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by stevie555, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevie555

stevie555 Thread Starter

Im looking for free equalizer software that is able to adjust levels from 40hz on up (I have a 10 band equalizer that is part of my soundcard software, but it doesn't go low enough to 40hz). Anyone know where i can find a program or plug in that can do this?

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

Try audacity, not sure if it fits your specific needs but it does have a few plug-ins. I believe one is 20 or better band equalizer.

3. stevie555

stevie555 Thread Starter

I downloaded audacity 1.2.4, but couldn't find an equalizer on it. I checked out a help file and found out it was under the 'effects' tab and how to use it. My only complaint is that it won't play in 5.1 sound, and it is a little slow to use because once you enter the values for the equalizer, it has to re-load the song to take effect. Thanks for the recommendation though coalman, and for now it meets my needs and also provides some other useful audio-editing tools. But anyone know of another graphic equalizer (one with a 40hz band or lower) that will work for mp3s/CDs? maybe a plug in for WMP or another free player?

4. thecoalman

thecoalman

5. stantley

stantley

WMP 10 has a built-in equalizer with the low band being 31 Hz. Go to View > Enhancements > Graphic Equalizer.

6. stevie555

stevie555 Thread Starter

Wow, never knew that about WMP. Its a little bare but it does the trick. thanks for help. I tried google before I came here but everything I found either required payment, didn't go down to a low enough frequency, or didn't work right.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490976

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice