1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

erased CDRW now want data back

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by VirtualAlex, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Thread Starter

I have erased my CDRW with nero and now i need that data back. Can I retrieve it? I really want it! Thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you did a quick erase, you might be able to find something with a program like ISO Buster, but I've never tried it.

3. VirtualAlex

Thanks, I tried this suggestion but isobuster only finds the sessions burned since the erase, nothing before that. oh dear - it's the pre-erase that i need.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There are hundreds of data recovery programs available on the internet. There are also many threads on it here. Do a couple of searches. You could also contact a data recovery company about it.

5. JohnWill

If you've burned sessions since a total erase, you can forget about the data! Once you do an erase, even a quick erase, the disk is re-used from the beginning.

6. VirtualAlex

Yes I gather that now! well how about this angle - the files were also stored on my hardrive before i deleted them. But when restore my computer to a time when they were there, they werent there. Are they still there at a previous restore point on my HD, and how do I access them? Are they somewhere in the original location or in the recycling bin?? Just wondered in desperation.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

To see if they're in the Recycle Bin, open it. Are they there?

System Restore does not restore deleted data. It restores system files. The fact that you've run System Restore at least once reduces the chance that you can recover any of this data. At least some of it has probably been overwritten.

Again, search this site and the internet in general for "data recovery".

8. JohnWill

If time has passed, and you've rebooted at least once, it's quite likely that any files that were not in the recycle bin are not overwritten. Also, as previously mentioned, System Restore doesn't do all files, just stuff that affects the system.

This is normally where I put in a plug for proper backups. :) I have at least two copies of ANYTHING that I feel I want to keep.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/345912

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice