1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ERD 6.5 would not see XP installations

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TacticalSniper, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TacticalSniper

TacticalSniper Thread Starter

Hey all,

Some of you (particularly the sysadmins among you) are familiar with Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT). Now, DaRT includes the most recent version of ERD commander, which is 6.5 and is based on Windows 7 image.

My problem is that ERD wouldn't see any XP installations. I tried it on a virtual machine, on a netbook and on another machine - no luck. XP does see the HDD and system files, but does not detect the system.

Any ideas? Is it supposed to work only with Vista+ systems?

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

From the DaRT Datasheet, which can be downloaded here (direct link): DaRT Datasheet PDF
    And from the Release Notes for 6.5:

3. TacticalSniper

TacticalSniper Thread Starter

Hey,

Yeah, quite stupid of me, last night I eventually found this as well. Shame, the interface is much prettier :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/888522