Solved ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cauterize

My brother and I have been having this issue for a while, not sure what's been causing it.

I have been looking for ways to fix the problem, from /FlushDNS, Refreshing Windows, or even unchecking IPv6. All of these different ways of dealing with this issue only gave temporary solutions that lasted for a few minutes before having the problems again.

Firstly, the issue comes down to showing "Disconnected Media" in Ipconfig as well as my connection showing I have access to "Identifying..." to then flickering off for a second and back to having access but, with no ability to actually access the internet wirelessly resulting in me using the Ethernet cable instead to write this.

Secondly, This issues pertains to both mine and my brothers laptop as well as his Ipod and my 3DS. Him using Windows 10 and me Windows 8.1. We both have a similar brand wireless adapter known as Qualcomm Atheros Wireless but, different models as well as each computer being netbooks, mine being Asus.

Would really appreciate help on this issue and further information can be provided if needed.

TerryNet

Terry
Does any device successfully connect to the wireless network you are trying to use?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the PC manufacturer's web site.

Cauterize

The only device I know of that connects successfully to the modem is my mothers laptop, other than that there is no connection or ERR_NETWORK_CHANGE. I have connection, kind of, right now to the internet but, it quickly goes out after a while makes for even playing video games impossible.

I'll check if my hardware is up to date and see maybe that's it. I heard something about Qualcomm Atheros being an older wifi adapter which makes it a problem for connections using it on our netbooks.

Cauterize

I've found a solution to the problem, had to do with permissions when I was trying to reset ip in command prompt.
Here's a video that helped the entire process in case others want to know, too:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online