1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by IBvideogamer356, May 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. IBvideogamer356

IBvideogamer356 Thread Starter

So I am on my school chromebook managed by the school, and whenever I try to open an educational website, even google translate, it shows

This site can’t be reached
    The webpage at https://translate.google.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

and it wont let me open it. Every proxy is blocked, and I don't know what to do. I have had this problem for a long time, and I have tried everything. If an experienced person could please tell me what to do then that would be amazing.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Since this machine is a "school chromebook managed by the school", you need to contact the school for any issues as they have control of how and what it can access.

3. IBvideogamer356

IBvideogamer356 Thread Starter

Thank you, but the people working at my school's technology department dont really know what they are doing. I had already asked them, and they were no help. If you know what to do, could you please tell me how I can fix it?

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What happens if you use a different browser?

Also are you using a "Proxy" server?

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice