Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erratic cursor movement

Solved 
3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
My wife purchased a laptop that came with Win 10 preinstalled. The problem is that the cursor jumps all over the page. This happens when typing in any software whether it's Word, Outlook, or Photoshop and on occasions will shut down the software. I have turned down the sensitivity of the touch pad just in case her fingers accidentally hits the touch pad and she has been careful not to touch the pad but still the cursor jumps around.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8101 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 477048 MB, Free - 390436 MB; D: Total - 10131 MB, Free - 1276 MB; H: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 245768 MB; I: Total - 1907057 MB, Free - 1659025 MB;
Motherboard: HP, 804E
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

#4 ·
HERE is the support site for your HP Spectre 13-4195dx x360 Convertible PC (N5S03UA) which came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
You should add and save this site in your browser's favorites/bookmarks list so you can quickly refer to it when needed.
Its "Troubleshooting - Keyboard Mouse or Touchpad" section should be helpful to you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

#8 ·
HP said to update "synaptics" which seems to have solved the problem.
I'm glad to hear you got the issue resolved by updating the Synaptics touchpad driver.
I don't like laptops, touch pad gets in the way for me.
I rarely use a laptop, but when I do, I prefer to use an external USB wireless mouse with it.
It makes computer use much easier and quicker than with using a touchpad.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.