Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erratic Mouse Behavior (Unable to click/select)

525 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  AlexDumas 
#1 ·
Everything will be working perfectly fine in my laptop, until at some point my mouse starts acting wierd. I am able to move the curser around but I am unable to click and interact with everything on the screen. I am able to open the start menu, but I am not able to minimise it. I am able to maximise the various items stacked on my taskbar, but I am not able to minimise them again by clicking the minimise button (neither am I able to close it. The title bar turns a different color when I try clicking on any of the 3 buttons) and I am also not able to select anything in the start menu with my mouse. This does not happen every time I start my laptop though. Sometimes its like this and at other times its all OK. I tried connecting my wired logitech mouse in different port but the result is the same. When this happens both the mouse and the trackpad have the same issue, so I am guessing this is not a hardware issue. I usually come out of this situation by using my keyboard to put my system to sleep and usually when I come out of my sleep a minute later the problem would be temporarily solved (the issue may come back in a few minutes or it may not come back at all).

(I would also like to mention that all this problem started after I tried to tinker with some of the options under "Human Interface Devices" and "mice and other pointing devices" in the device manager. And this I did because I faced some problems with a new wireless mouse which I bought the other day, the details of the so-called "problem" I can post separately if needed.)

Right now I have my wired mouse connected and this is a snap of my device manager
Green Rectangle Screenshot Font Parallel

As a person who uses his laptop primarily for modelling purpose, I find this issue very irritating. I hope someone out there will be able to help me out and I hope I have given all the necessary information. Open to all suggestions.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8053 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 105 GB (12 GB Free); D: 465 GB (82 GB Free); E: 465 GB (48 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0MVD5F
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

See less See more
#2 ·
I contacted the dell technical support and their staff gained remote access to my laptop. He then went to the device manager and uninstalled a lot of unwanted stuff and updated a few drivers. Finally after restarting my laptop I haven't faced the same problem till now. Hope its solved for ever. I guess it took less than 20minutes (that too with an internet speed of 150KBps only).

Kudos to the DELL TECHNICAL SUPPORT STAFF.

(Thanks to JaxonJohn for taking the time to go through my post and for contacting me in mail. Since the problem seems to be solved, I did not perform the steps which you mentioned in your mail. Thanking everyone who spared some time for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.