Error 0200 Failure Fixed Disk 0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gypsyone

I have an aspire 6930G laptop running Windows Vista. Today when I turned it on it got so far than came up with Error 0200 Failure Fixed Disk 0.

It allows me to press F2 to enter setup.

Haven't done anything.

Anyone got any suggestions how to get it running.

Thanks in advance for any help.

daz1

Banned
very likely a hard drive failure but possibly a poor or faulty connection to the hard drive, and/or faulty motherboard controller

what does f2 do? reinstall from partition,, if yes then worth a go before you go to lappy hospital

enter the bios usually press detete on start up. see if the drive is recognised, if so it may be ok but motherboard gone

can you ectract the disc and install/test in another machine?

gypsyone

Took to tech who took out and tried in another machine. Said it did not work. (Just bit worried since they couldn't find HDD to start with). Said need new HDD. But could we use it as a slave to get data off or can we reinstall op system using recovery disks created when purchased.

Have read a number of old forums of people experiencing similar problems with earlier models of aspire and found still had problems after replacing HDD.

F2 enters setup and can alter way things boot.

Disk is divided into two partitions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts