1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 0x80004005 on msn messenger. How do I fix it?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Portugalia, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Portugalia

Portugalia Thread Starter

Hi Everyone!

I'm having problems logging in to msn messenger, a window pops up and says error code 0x80004005 and then when I press the connection troubleshooter button it says that I might not have internet connectivity. I emailed Msn representative and that person said I might have third parties...
    Confused ...please someone help me.

Thanks
    Portugalia

2. Emtronics

Emtronics

Sounds like your MSN Messenger is corrupt. One way to fix this may be to download it again and re-install it. You can get it from HERE.

3. Portugalia

Portugalia Thread Starter

Thanks Emtronics,

but the same error occurs, i've tried removing it and installing it before but same thing happens, I find that my MSN explorer also does not connect...what is going on..???

4. Mikewell

Mikewell

is likely that there is some software on your computer conflicting with msn, and not allowing it to sign in... perhaps a firewall, antivirus or spyware killing app? does msn explorer give you an error msg? error number?

5. Mikewell

Mikewell

i read a bit more into it, and found that your account likely is being blocked... a program on your computer may be using messenger to send out spam (or at least doing something to make messenger think that)... essentially, messenger thinks the terms of use have been breached... i'd suggest running a spyware check on ur machine

6. rude

rude

I emailed Msn representative and that person said I might have third parties...

Third parties what?

Some websites don't work properly with cookies disabled,and some don't work at all with session cookies disabled.

Go to tools/internet options/privacy/advanced,put a check in Override Automatic Cookie Handling,then accept First and third party cookies,then put a check in Always Allow Session Cookies. Ok your way out,then allow the same thing in your firewall.

Hope this works for you.

7. Mikewell

Mikewell

by 3rd party they mean non-microsoft software

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/252271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice