1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error:0x80070002:The system cannot find the file specified.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JBW, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JBW

JBW Thread Starter

I am running Windows 98,Internet Explorer 6,and McAfee anti-virus...The problem I am having is with my Task Scheduler and McAfee Update...The McAfee Update Check 02 is set to run every 5 min.,which I don't think is necessary,I try to change it,but it defaults back,on next start up....When I open the Scheduled Tasks,and click on the Advanced tap,and open the View Log it states: Warning**Unable to load task.,The specific error is:
    0x80070002:The system cannot find the file specified.Try using the Task page Browse button to locate application....McAfee told me its ok to remove Update....but when I do I freeze up!!!and when I re-start it comes back on....do I have to live with it???

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome......try from safe mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/121942