Error 0x80070035 Windows 7 Home and Network Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cyndi224

Here's my problem. I have an external drive attached to my router. In windows 7 home premium I can see it under network folder but I get error code 0x80070035 network path not found when trying to connect. I have firewall turned off. I have AVG 8.5 turned off.
I CAN access the network drive on a ethernet wired connection to another computer in the house with Windows 7 Professional and Windows XP Home Service pack 3 (they have firewalls on and antivirus and I can connect seemlessly).

When I ping and nbtstat -n in cmd:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Cyndi>ping HopevillePlace
Pinging HopevillePlace [192.168.1.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms
C:\Users\Cyndi>ping 192.168.1.1
Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms
C:\Users\Cyndi>nbtstat -n
Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [0.0.0.0] Scope Id: []
No names in cache
Wireless Network Connection:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.1.117] Scope Id: []
NetBIOS Local Name Table
Name Type Status
---------------------------------------------
CYNDI-LAPTOP <00> UNIQUE Registered
HOMEVILLE <00> GROUP Registered
CYNDI-LAPTOP <20> UNIQUE Registered
HOMEVILLE <1E> GROUP Registered

I will also mention that I have Ubuntu installed on this pc on a separate drive that I partitioned from the C drive. When loading up, I get the option to load windows 7 or Ubunto from the load screen.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless network card with no help.
I am at a complete standstill and come to anyone that can help.
It is my thought this problem began when I enabled Ubunto to wireless connection hardware drivers so I could use Ubunto to go on the internet for updates and such. My thought is possibly Ubunto has written something to the C drive to allow it to give me wireless connection on Ubuntu while stopping something on the wireless card for me to connect to the network drive? I don't know. Just a thought. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Is that AVG Internet Security? If so, configure it for the desired access or uninstall it.

What, if any, firewall or security suite did you previously have on the machine?

Cyndi224

Yes it is AVG antivirus. I turned it off to try to connect. It always let me connect before. Doesn't turning off the antivirus act the same as if uninstallling? Firewall is disabled on the router and my computer. Still can't connect to the network drive. I can connect to all other computers in my network, just not the drive connected to my router. I think it's something Ubuntu configured when I set up my wireless card with necessary drivers to connect to the internet. Uninstalling the wireless card and reinstalling it did nothing though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online