1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error: 0x80070570 but can still watch the video?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jacer_racer, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacer_racer

jacer_racer Thread Starter

Hi,
    I need help with my computer... Well, I think it's my computer. Basically, I video'd something the other day on my panasonic camera, and when I went to turn it off, it said something like "Could not save file as speed of SD card is not available" or something like that...
    But when I went to put the rest of my videos on my computer that file was on the SD Card, so I tried to add it to my computer...
    This was when the error code 0X80070570 and it said "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable...
    But I tried to play it on Windows Media Player and it plays fine... THe only thing different is on the seek bar thingy it comes up with 00:00 so you can't go forward or backward, but it still plays fine...
    If possible I would really like to fix the error, because the corrupted video is something that I'd ideally like to have. Is there any way of fixing this?
    I know you may not be able to help, because of it starting off on the camera, but if you can I would be hugely greatful!!!
    Jess.

2. Stamp101

Stamp101

Backup all files from the card, then reformat the card. The directory is corrupt and will continue to corrupt files because it cannot properly save them. As for saving the video if it works it works. Download a free video converter and try to convert it to flv or mp4 and see if that fixes anything but create a copy first, it's a corrupted file so it could become unreadable if you tamper with it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1010215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice