1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Error 0x80070570 Killing my system.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by PaulLipton, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PaulLipton

PaulLipton Thread Starter

I have been getting the error 0x80070570 when i try to delete corrupted data files about 75 on the c drive. Chkdsk runs but does not fix or delete the bad files. I tried the Microsoft startup repair but the bad files are still bad and not removed. I had seen some posts that alluded to fixing this problem but nothing has worked for me. The damaged files are data (JPG,CSV etc) located in a data folder not my documents folder. Try as i may nothing I have seen can get rid of these files. This problem causes CHKDSK to be called by Vista on almost all boots.

This problem started when my c Raptor dive got servo errors and failed WD's short disk diagnostic test with a statement about a servo problem. The drive was RMA'd back to WD after i moved my boot drive via Acronic clone to my D drive which was then made my c drive in the bios.

Can someone please help me.

2. joeten

joeten

3. PaulLipton

Tried the Microsoft Repair approach but nothing got fixed. I have now done a copy of all of my data files to another drive. I then deleted all of the files in the data folder. The next step was to image the system excluding the data folder. I then did an image restore. Now at least the 46 bad files gone. There must still be bad files on the drive since CHKDSK was called by Vista. I just found an MFT repair program. Have not tested yet.

4. joeten

joeten

5. PaulLipton

Followed the instructions but the log file came up empty. problem continues. The real problem is i need to repair the MFT but it looks like both copies are bad.

6. joeten

joeten

hi so am i right that you used an image of the os from the faulty os or did i miss the point

7. PaulLipton

Yes, may oldest image was from after the error was discovered. I though the drive ie MFT was ok so I cloned the old drive to a cleaned drive not knowing at that time the MFT was bad. So far I have been unable to locate a program that will rebuild the MFT. I tried testdisk 6.11.2 with the advanced option but it said both MFT's were bad. Are you aware of a program that is capable of rebuilding an MFT?

8. joeten

joeten

9. PaulLipton

After fighting with off the shelf fre downloads I finally purchased Data Doctor Recovery for NTFS. I ran the program in the advanced search mode with UAC off. I was able to clean up the disk problems so I thought. When the cleanup was done in the USER Accounts i could see both accounts with the file/directory space allocations for each user. At that point to enhance security I turned UAC back on. When i then checked the USERs after a reboot. One of the accounts was gone and the other one had a question mark for the space takes by directories/files.

Can someone please help to now fix this problem. The MFT's with UAC off look fine as reported by the trial version of GetDataBackNow and DataDoctorRecovery NTFS v3.0.1.5. I have tried to get help for Support at Data Doctor but no one responds to my emails for help.

If you need mofe info to help me please post and i will supply all that i can figure out.

Thanks.

PaulLipton

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!