1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

error: 0x80070570

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kristaff, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kristaff

kristaff Thread Starter

I am using a Intel Core Processor with Windows 7 with a business server. When I am attempting to copy a video (file extention .dvr) from a Micro SD card I recevie the following error:

"An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a note of this error code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this problem:
    Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

This video file is very important and I need to be able to view and save on my computer. If anyone has any idea how to view this file or fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. SomePCNerd

SomePCNerd

Have you tried different SD cards? If so and it still didn't work, it could be a problem with the SD card reader. Is your reader internal, or external?

3. kristaff

kristaff Thread Starter

Yes, I have tried different sd cards with no problem. The SD card reader is internal. There are also other items on this sd card, it is just the .dvr file that will not allow me to copy and past it to my computer.

4. SomePCNerd

SomePCNerd

How big is the .dvr file and the microSD? It could be because the file could be close to the memory limit on the SD. Let's say your SD card is 8GB, if you tried to put a 7.5GB file on it, it could write to it, but when you try to unload it, it won't work, as Windows needs to write to a hidden log that says when the file is copied, and the file could not be written to. I recommend using a different method of storage, (USB flash drive, Dropbox, or even opening a file share on your server) if you are able to.

5. kristaff

kristaff Thread Starter

The Micro SD card is 16GB. The .dvr file is 2,088,768 KB.
    Also, when I insert the Micro SD card into my computer I get a message stating "Do you want to scan and fix Removable Disk?" If I click on that, then I get the options to either, Automatically fix file system errors AND/OR Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

If I go ahead and scan the Micro SD card, 1) will it delete the data on the Micro SD card and 2) will this possibly fix my problem?

6. foxidrive

foxidrive Banned

It may fix the problem, and it may make it worse (by leaving you with a file of zero bytes).

Before you do that - see if you can save an ISO image of the MicroSD card onto the hard drive (you may need to find software that can ignore read errors - a command line program perhaps) and then open the ISO image and try to copy the file out. You may get dropouts in any portions that were damaged but you could get most of it.

Avoid using any programs that write to the microSD card and don't save anything else on it. If the file is valuable to you then a data recovery company might be an option too.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice